MDSec offer the expert reverse engineering and robustness testing services required for a thorough assessment of DRM and software licensing solutions. Our consultants have a high degree of experience conducting engagements of this nature, and have competence over a wide range of compiled and interpreted languages and platforms.
The reverse engineering skills which we are able to provide include:
- To understand program logic and behaviour - documentation of proprietary software and communications protocols.
- Vulnerability assessment - rigorous black-box penetration testing.
- Reverse engineering software updates/versions to discover new, removed or updated behaviour - specifically for the discovery of undocumented security fixes and backdoors.
- Obfuscated binaries and obscure behaviours - typically employed by DRM and software licensing technologies to mask their true behaviour.
- Malware - determinating behaviour, mechanism of propagation and estimation of efficacy, and understanding hidden command/control protocols.